Your new Optus Ultra Wi-Fi (Gen 2) LTE modem, with Wi-Fi 6, has new features and updates which are not being used by all devices just yet.
To get your Holman device/s connected we’ll need to log into the Admin console for the modem and, as per Optus recommendations, set up a guest network for the the 2.4gHz band:
The new mixed WPA2/3 mode will stop our 2.4gHz devices on WPA2 from connecting. The guest network recommendation is preferred by your network provider.
Here are the Optus provided steps to set up a Guest WiFi network:
- Log into the modem settings once you're connected via a yellow LAN port or via the out-of-the-box wi-fi settings
- Open web browser and in the address bar type 192.168.0.1
- Under Login, enter the password found at the base of your modem
- Click, Login
Note. Ensure you're connected to a yellow LAN port or via the out-of-the-box Wi-Fi settings.
- Once you're logged into the console, click My Wi-Fi
- Select, Guest Wi-Fi
- Enable Guest Wi-Fi: toggle to ON
- Guest Wi-Fi Name (SSID): Enter an SSID name
- Wi-Fi Security: Select, WPA Personal
- Wi-Fi Password: Enter your password
- Click, Apply
Once you have set up a guest network dedicated to the 2.4gHz network, using WPA2 security, then you should be able to connect your Holman devices in EZ mode – remember if this is an update to your existing modem you’ll need to remove the devices from Holman Home prior to reconnecting. We recommend to select ‘disconnect’ and not use 'disconnect and wipe' – this way your settings saved in the cloud server will come back to your device after it's reconnected.
*Scenes (formerly called Smarts) are not able to be saved and will need to be entered for each device.
*This does not apply to Gen 1 products such as (i.e. Sagemcom 5366TN, Optus Ultra WiFi (Gen 1 5366 LTE)
Should you have any further problems, please call the Holman Customer Support team on 1300 716 188 - they're available from Monday to Friday, between the hours of 7:30am and 3.30pm (Perth local time).