- Our lighting system uses a 12V DC transformer, it is not compatible to AC transformers or other lighting brands
- The light housing is aluminium
- Lighting spikes are made of polypropylene, and are UV infused
- Decklights surrounds are 304 stainless steel with a polycarbonate cover
- IP67 rating
- Light cable is electrically parallel not stacking
- Lights are wired in series - this means all lights have the same colour, dimness (or brightness) and timing, Separate colours, timing and FX are not possible within the same controller
- For your cabling - please note that sub surface is ok (under mulch/rocks etc), but not subterranean - cable connections are not able to sit in wet environments (think a freshly watered garden bed) for long periods
- 2 pin Warm White and 4 pin RGB (coloured) cannot be mixed together. To have both you do need 2 controllers
the iGardener App allows you to have control of up to four garden light controllers (CLRGB60 & CLBW60)
Note that the Warm White Bluetooth Garden Light Controller [CLBW60] and the RGB Colour Bluetooth Garden Light Controller [CLBRGB60] can not be shared across multiple devices using the iGardener™ app. These controllers are not able to connect to multiple smart devices or phones at once
- The maximum amount of expansion (extension or main) cable is 75m with 60W of lights
The Holman Plug + Socket system has inbuilt Overload Protection, is IP67 rated, and has a specific current capacity designed to work with all Holman Garden Lights and Controllers.
We cannot guarantee that other brands of Garden Lights or Controllers have these matching specifications, and therefore cannot guarantee their safety or viability with Holman Garden Lighting products and do not recommend that any other brand of Garden Lighting products are connected to the Holman system.
This warning is displayed on all Holman Garden Lights
What size holes should I drill for my Deck Lights?
For drilling Deck Light holes, we recommend using spade bits with the following sizes:
- Warm White 18mm Deck Lights [DLWW18K]: 14mm hole
- Warm White 30mm Deck Lights [DLW3006]: 22mm hole
- Warm White 45mm Deck Lights [DLW4510]: 32mm hole
- RGB Colour 30mm Deck Lights [DLRGB3003]: 22mm hole
- RGB Colour 45mm Deck Lights [DLRGB4505]: 32mm hole
Resetting your controller (and app):
Physically unplug your controller for 10min (this time is needed to allow the Bluetooth memory to clear), it cannot just be turned off.
During this time please go through the steps below:
- Delete the lightsource (via the button below the dimmer bar) from your iGardener app
- Delete the iGardener app from your phone (uninstall is the only option for iOS)
- Reinstall the iGardener app
- For iOS turn Bluetooth off for 1min, then turn your phone off and on again. For Android users, clear the Bluetooth cache (settings, apps, turn on system apps, Bluetooth, storage, clear cache)
- Allow permissions - for iOS this is Bluetooth, for Android it's location (Allow only while using the app, allow precise location) and nearby devices
Plug the controller back in, and attempt connection. It can take up to 3 attempts to make a connection, so please try 3 times. If you continue to have an issue with connection please don't hesitate to contact the team for assistance.
My RGB lights are all different colours - what's going on?
If one light (or more lights) is showing the wrong colour in your chain it is likely that the connection is not set up to be inline with the "groove and channel" that sits within each of the connectors.
Please check the connections have the channel and groove (shown below in yellow) correctly aligned -
Once the groove and channel is aligned the RGB cable is correctly connected and the light colours should be restored and in sync down the line.
In the warm white system, misalignment simply means some lights will be on and others off - aligning the cable allows all lights to receive power correctly.
Squashed cables and dim lights –
Electricity in some ways is a bit like a garden hose, and just as a crushed/kinked hose won’t allow all the water through, a crushed/squashed cable can result in dim or non-functional lights. We recently saw an issue where a 0.5W light would work, but not a 3W light, simply because of a crushed cable.
Please avoid having cables bound up underneath very heavy objects, or bend over like a kink – the best way to bundle excess cable is in a loose loop, in a similar way to it was in the pack (say you were using deck lights with 3m spacing, but only wanted them 1m apart).
If you have a cable which has been kinked right in half, or badly squashed, they will in many cases ‘restore’ by being gently straightened back out. Test the cable for full function before using it again.