The WXMS Smart Moisture Sensor measures the moisture and temperature of your soil.
After setting a threshold moisture level (20%, 40%, 60%, 80% or 100%), any WX Tap Timer connected to the WXMS Smart Moisture Sensor will not water a scheduled Start if the moisture level is at or above this threshold.
In some cases, the WXMS Smart Moisture Sensor connected to a Wi-Fi Hub will affect all WX Tap Timers connected or only affect one WX Tap Timer. It depends on the version of your Wi-Fi Hub.
Please check the main module version of your Wi-Fi Hub to determine the outcome of having a Moisture Sensor connected to your device.
Open the Wi-Fi Hub through Holman Home, choose the Pencil icon (top right on the screen), choose Device Update and then check the Main Module version.
If the Wi-Fi Hub Main Module version is 1.2.8 or greater:
- This hub will work with both WX1 and WX2 Tap Timers
- It is possible to add 4x WX1/WX2 Tap Timers and up to 8x WXMS given an optimal environment
- Each WXMS Smart Moisture Sensor will affect only one WX1 Tap Timer or one zone of a WX2 Tap Timer
If the Wi-Fi Hub is version 1.2.1:
- Please check the MCU version of the WX1 Tap Timer
- Open the WX1 Tap Timer, choose the Help screen and then check the MCU version – just the first two parts of the information.
WX1 Tap Timers with MCU versions HOL9-017 or HOL9-018
- These hubs will only work with WX1 Tap Timers
- It is possible to add 4x WX1s and 1x WXMS given an optimal environment and one WXMS Smart Moisture Sensor will affect the scheduled watering of all attached WX1 Tap Timers
WX1 Tap Timers with MCU versions HOL9-028 or HOL9-030
- These hubs will connect with WX1 Tap Timers
- These hubs will also connect a WX2 Tap Timer BUT not as a Holman device
NOTE: WX2 Tap Timers can NOT be supported with these hub versions
- It is possible to add 4x WX1s and 4x WXMS (given an optimal environment ) and each WXMS Smart Moisture Sensor will affect only one WX1 Tap Timer