When you add your Wi-Fi device into the Holman Home app, you'll notice that you're offered some 'scene' options for that device. This article explains further use of the Scene function.
There are two types of Scenes available:
- Automation scenes
These scenes have a trigger – they will only run when a condition or a set of conditions is met
Note: Automation scenes can be run manually using Google/Alexa voice control. Siri cannot not run Automation scenes manually
Examples of Automation scenes you can create include:
- Turn on your RGB Garder Light at sunset
- Check the battery status of your WX Tap Timer weekly and send a notification if replacement is required
- Water Zone 1 of your WX8 Irrigation Controller at 7.00am on Sun, Tue, Thu & Sat
- Tap-to-Run scenes
- These scenes can be run manually – tap the name to perform the set tasks
- For easy access, once created, the Tap-to-Run scenes show on your Home screen by default in a scrollable list (left to right) above your list of devices
- The major reason for setting up Tap-to-Run scenes is to use them with Google/Alexa/Siri
Note: Currently only iOS 12.0 and above iOS systems can use the "Add to Siri" feature
For a WX8 device
You may want to ask Google/Alexa/Siri to water Zones 1 to 8 manually. The only way to do this is to setup Tap-to-Run scenes for Zones 1 to 8 so that you can ask:
- Ok Google, turn on Zone 1 OR
- Alexa, turn on Zone 1 OR
- Hey Siri, turn on Zone 1
You may also want to setup Start A, Start B and Start C as Tap-to-Run scenes.
Note: You cannot water Zone 1 and then Zone 2 in the same scene – it is not possible to stack (que) zones as tasks. The only way it can be done is to put the zones you wish to water in either Start A, B or C and then turn on that Start.
For a RGB Garden Light device
You may want to ask Google/Alexa/Siri to display the current colour or display the current scene. The only way to do this is to setup Tap-to-Run scenes to display the current colour or display the current scene so that you can ask:
- Ok Google, turn on "light scene"
- Ok Google, turn on "light colour" OR
- Alexa, turn on "light scene"
- Alexa, turn on "light colour" OR
- Hey Siri, turn on "light scene"
- Hey Siri, turn on "light colour"
RGB Garden Light Scene Examples
Tap-to-Run Scene: Turn on the Current Light Scene
Automation Scene: Turn the Light on at Sunset
Automation Scene: Turn the Light off at Sunrise
WW Garden Light Scene Examples
WX1 Tap Timer Scene Examples
If your Smart Moisture Sensor threshold is set at 60% but you really want it to be 50% then use this example:
Automation Scene: Cancel the scheduled watering for the WX1 Tap Timer when the Soil Moisture is greater than 50% and send an app notification when cancelled (must have a Smart Moisture Sensor attached)
WX2 Tap Timer Scene Examples
WX8 Irrigation Controller Scene Examples
Tap-to-Run Scene: Water Zone 1 manually
Automation Scene: Water Zone 1 @ 7am on Sun, Tue, Thu & Sat and send an app notification
Automation Scene: Send an app notification every time Start A waters