- Our lighting system uses a 12V DC transformer, it is not compatible to AC transformers or other lighting brands.
- The light housing is aluminium
- Lighting spikes are made of polypropylene, and are UV infused
- Decklights surrounds are 304 stainless steel with a polycarbonate cover
- IP67 rating
- Light cable is electrically parallel not stacking
- Lights are wired in series - this means all lights have the same colour, dimness (or brightness) and timing, Separate colours, timing and FX are not possible within the same controller
- For your cabling - please note that sub surface is ok (under mulch/rocks etc), but not subterranean - cable connections are not able to sit in wet environments (think a freshly watered garden bed) for long periods
- 2 pin Warm White and 4 pin RGB (coloured) cannot be mixed together. To have both you do need 2 controllers
the Holman Home App allows you to have control of multiple lighting controllers as well as Wi-Fi garden watering and weather devices - all within a single app
You can create a 'Home' in Holman Home which allows you to share your devices with up to 20 other people
- The maximum amount of expansion (extension or main) cable is 75m with 60W of lights
The Holman Plug + Socket system has inbuilt Overload Protection, is IP67 rated, and has a specific current capacity designed to work with all Holman Garden Lights and Controllers.
We cannot guarantee that other brands of Garden Lights or Controllers have these matching specifications, and therefore cannot guarantee their safety or viability with Holman Garden Lighting products and do not recommend that any other brand of Garden Lighting products are connected to the Holman system.
This warning is displayed on all Holman Garden Lights
What size holes should I drill for my Deck Lights?
For drilling Deck Light holes, we recommend using spade bits with the following sizes:
- Warm White 18mm Deck Lights [DLWW18K]: 14mm hole
- Warm White 30mm Deck Lights [DLW3006]: 22mm hole
- Warm White 45mm Deck Lights [DLW4510]: 32mm hole
- RGB Colour 30mm Deck Lights [DLRGB3003]: 22mm hole
- RGB Colour 45mm Deck Lights [DLRGB4505]: 32mm hole
Resetting your controller (and app):
Physically unplug your controller for 10min (allowing all capacitors to clear), it cannot just be turned off.
During this time please go through the steps below:
- Delete the controller from your Holman Home app:
Tap the controller in Holman Home, tap the pencil at the top right of the screen, tap remove device (in red) at the bottom of the next page, disconnect.
- There is no need to delete the app - this rarely helps a Wi-Fi device, the only reason to delete the app is if you have denied permissions to the app and you're having trouble reinstating them.
- Plug the controller back in, and check the 'Wi-Fi LED', for either controller it should be flashing red/fast (if not, press the Wi-Fi button for a few seconds to change flash mode). Once the light is red/fast attempt connection in EZ mode for RGB, or via Bluetooth pairing for the Warm White.
- If the Wi-Fi indicator light is a colour other than red, or won't flash, or you're unable to connect after a reset please don't hesitate to contact the team for assistance.
My RGB lights are all different colours - what's going on?
If one light (or more lights) is showing the wrong colour in your chain it is likely that the connection is not set up to be inline with the "groove and channel" that sits within each of the connectors.
Please check the connections have the channel and groove (shown below in yellow) correctly aligned -
Once the groove and channel is aligned the RGB cable is correctly connected and the light colours should be restored and in sync down the line.
In the warm white system, misalignment simply means some lights will be on and others off - aligning the cable allows all lights to receive power correctly.
My RGB Wi-Fi controller has a ‘flickering’ LED indicator and won’t allow me to change colours
If your RGB Wi-Fi controller has a flickering red LED where the colour indicator was, there is a strong chance there’s a fault in a cable in the system.
Most commonly this is the first cable (or connection tee) from the box to the lights. Unplug the light cable (or connection tee) from the controller and observe the indicator light – if it becomes stable then you can use your Holman Home app to move through the colours and watch the indicator display the colour you select. This confirms the cable as being at fault.
Remove the first cable (or connection tee) from the system and plug the next cable (or connection tee) into the box – if the indicator remains stable then you’ve isolated the issue as being your first cable (or connection tee). If it returns to flickering, the issue may be further down the line – you’ll need to test your cables/connection tees with the controller to rule them in or out of the system.
Squashed cables and dim lights –
Electricity in some ways is a bit like a garden hose, and just as a crushed/kinked hose won’t allow all the water through, a crushed/squashed cable can result in dim or non-functional lights. We recently saw an issue where a 0.5W light would work, but not a 3W light, simply because of a crushed cable.
Please avoid having cables bound up underneath very heavy objects, or bend over like a kink – the best way to bundle excess cable is in a loose loop, in a similar way to it was in the pack (say you were using deck lights with 3m spacing, but only wanted them 1m apart).
If you have a cable which has been kinked right in half, or badly squashed, they will in many cases ‘restore’ by being gently straightened back out. Test the cable for full function before using it again.